Script that automates schema.org markup implementation as microdata for wordpress websites.
By using PHP, and custom wordpress functions, the script reads the content of the page, and re-builds the html of each wordpress page.
The microdata will automatically be added on both the existent, and the new pages, and posts.
- Create a Child Theme, and add the entire script in its functions.php file
- Upload the file via FTP
- Path: http://website.com/wp-content/themes/[Your-Theme]/inc/implement-schema.php
- Register: Add one of these lines to your theme’s functions.php file (follow the code structure):
- require_once( ‘inc/implement-schema.php’ );
- require_once get_template_directory() . ‘/inc/implement-schema.php’;
- Install a Custom Code Plugin, and create a php snippet to add the script
You can check the script online on Github!
Note: This script is not recommended for websites created with content builders (i.e. Elementor)!